With people being forced to stay at home more often than not, the need for basement finishes is picking up as a developing trend.
Remodeling the basement into a workout room is one of the current trends in basement finishing. Home workout areas are convenient and can be fashioned with the latest workout gear offering versatility. With the changing economic landscape, gym memberships are costly and time-consuming; therefore a home workout area is best to ensure early morning or late night workout sessions.
Home workout rooms add value to the home and enable the user to save time and money. You can never go wrong with furnishing a complete workout room with all the necessary equipment for a complete gym station. A suitable design that creates the right focus and zeal is paramount in ensuring that the workouts are consistent and structured to support personal outcomes and goals.
Incorporating technology into the gym with variations in sound and visuals can set the tone of the gym to a more professional setting. The use of wireless sound systems and creative lighting will add a modern finishing to the gym. Gym accessories can also be added to the workout gym.
The first step towards building a workout basement is to plan on the necessities and requirements to consider what you will be working with. For instance, the workout basement design concept can be fashioned to match the rest of the home or have an entirely different concept.
The budget for a basement gym does not have to be expensive. The purchase of equipment is dependent on personal workout goals. There is also a lot of second-hand equipment in good condition available in the market. It is also advisable to start small with little equipment and build up slowly to more heavy duty ones.
There are several workout trending design ideas and concepts that will surely give you the style to redesign the entire basement:
The choice of the ceiling during basement remodeling is important as it gives the room a new look and feel. With a variety of options available, the ceiling choice affects the overall space and interior of the room. For instance, a bare ceiling will give the much-needed space and distance from the ground up, but prove to be plain than other ceiling types. For a workout room, the choice of ceiling greatly affects the mood and tone of the room.
- Molding the ceiling to intricate designs aims to add style and sophistication. Ceiling molding can contain cornices which come in various designs and patterns, revamping the ceiling corners and crevices.
- The use of tiles in basement ceilings is a great way to revamp the space. The tiles come in different sizes and offer a seamless finish that stays away from the traditional bare ceiling choice.
- Using beams is a trendy and modern concept for basement ceilings with various workout rooms leaning towards beams. Whether rustic wooden beams give off a natural look and aesthetic, painted beams are also revolutionary and freshen up space. The choice of paint hugely depends on individual preference; however, white is the popular option for many homeowners.
The type of flooring in the basement workout room is important to be able to handle the pressure and wear and tear. The floor is also important in preventing injuries and preventing slipping. Different flooring types are fashioned to protect the floor against the impact of heavy machinery. The use of rubber is ideal as it is nonslip.
The use of space in the basement hugely affects the overall layout and functionality of the workout room. A small basement can be made to look bigger by tweaking the arrangement of equipment and being creative with storage and placement. You don’t have to have a big space to make a home gym. But how do you play around with space in a small basement?
- Embracing the open concept design can help make the basement appear bigger than it is. This can be done by avoiding walls in the room to give the perception of a spacious plan.
- Bright neutral colors also create the illusion of a spacious expanse. Bold colors give the illusion of a smaller room therefore it is best to avoid them.
- Lighting is an important factor in basement remodeling as most basements rarely have an open window to allow in natural lighting. Adding wall sconces, lamps, or floor lighting will incredibly transform the space and give it a wider look.
After clearing up the basement to allow space for remodeling, the extra storage items need a place to go to. Avoiding clutter is vital in ensuring that the basement is not stocked with extra baggage that will fill up space unnecessarily. Installing customized storage can help push the storage area to the inside of the walls, and creating space in the interior. Using hidden compartments and furniture with additional storage space can also help. The additional storage space can be used to store extra workout equipment such as weights, ropes, or workout gears.
When arranging the gym equipment, be sure to place all the electrical equipment next to the power outlets so that the wires do not run around the room aimlessly.
Things to consider
It is important to consider the safety regulations for basement renovations available in your area. For instance, there are basic requirements that highlight the height requirements, smoke specifications, and emergency exits.
Consulting credible basement contractors are paramount in remodeling. The right contractors will be able to consider the required safety standards and recommendations that will ensure the final work is top-notch.
Hygiene and filtration systems are important to ensure proper air circulation around the basement workout area. This is extremely paramount as it helps prevent the buildup of bacteria and mildew that is common in an active space. Cleanliness also prompts productivity, so the cleaner space, the better. Always check the air filtration systems and the accessibility of the shower area.
Constantly check the status of workout equipment to ensure that they are not faulty. This prevents accidents and injuries that would otherwise be avoided. Thanks to basementnow.ca for consulting.