Does Paris need an intro? Not really. Even if you try to avoid “touristy” attractions, Paris should be at the top of everyone’s list of places to go. You can avoid the tourist traps altogether if you want and get lost in the streets of charming old neighborhoods full of character.
Obviously, I have to include some well-known land marks…
Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel The Louvre is behind it.
the Eiffel Tower of course…
Even though this was my second time visiting the tower. I was still astonished at how large it is – especially when you are standing directly underneath it.
An amazing art nouveau building entrance.
We finally got a sunny day! Notre Dame Cathedral.
The interior of the cathedral
The Sacré-Coeuris a really beautiful basilica in the great Montmartre neighborhood.
The steps are worth it for the great view. The basilica is at the highest point in the city.
A view of the basilica from a charming street.
The cafe used in Amelie, the Cafe des 2 Moulins
The Père Lachaise cemetery is definitely worth a visit. I liked some of the more hidden areas away from the main “avenues”
It was weird to see tombs under a bridge like this.
The back of Notre Dame in the distance.
Paris requires multiple posts so stay tuned! Thanks to wonderful hubby for all of the fantastic photography he did during our trip!
Here’s that list again of all my posts from our travels that I’ve posted –
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia – Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia – the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains – Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss – the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy’s Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe – amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe – amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs – the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
•Lake Como, Italy
•Jungfrau region, Switzerland, Part 1
•Jungfrau region, Switzerland, Part 2
• One of my favorite cities from my European backpacking trips – Ulm, Germany
• Lake Constance
• Cute HOUSE Overload – the charming medieval homes of Germany’s Romantic Road
• Regensburg, Germany, and Salzburg, Austria
• A charming lakeside village, Hallstatt
• Beautiful Vienna
• Kunst Haus Wien in Vienna
• Budapest Part 1
• Budapest Part 2
• Stunning Prague
• Brussels• Charming Bruges