The main advantage of AC tune-up is that they help people get through the summer heat easier. It is especially important for those who suffer from cardiovascular diseases and risk from the heat and the excessive load on the heart and blood vessels caused by it, to be affected by hypertensive crisis or heart attack. A comfortable microclimate allows the human body to feel better, it helps some parts of the human body, such as the skin, which feels ideal at a temperature of 23-24Co. And now, let’s talk about the disadvantages.
For example, the accumulation of carbon dioxide and viral and infectious microorganisms in the absence of any ventilation quickly evaporates during normal ventilation. Also, chilled, overdried air is harmful to the skin and mucous membranes of the respiratory tract. Another disadvantage of air conditioners is freon. Freon is the refrigerant used in most modern air conditioners.
Freon is heavier than air, so if it leaks, it can force air out of the room. Some varieties of Freon release dangerous toxins when decomposed and can cause drowsiness and suffocation.
- Assess the capabilities of your body, if you have a weak immune system, a long stay under the air conditioner will lead to a cold. Sometimes, this kind of cold is more difficult to tolerate than a normal illness.
- It is necessary to buy an air conditioner that does not have a negative effect on a person. To do this, consult a specialist.
- While staying under the air conditioner, remember that it is better to choose the light cooling function of the room to avoid strong cooling of the body.
- It is necessary to supervise conditioner performance, regularly change cleaning filters, and perform internal cleaning and treatment of equipment.
- Constantly monitor the temperature in the room, it must not fall below normal.
- Never fall asleep under the air conditioner.
All the equipment that surrounds us has its positive and negative sides. If used properly, you can protect yourself from the detrimental effects.
What Can Air Conditioners Do Instead?
The air ionization function is designed to saturate the air with negative ions. This deodorizes the air and saturates it with more ionized oxygen, which has a beneficial effect on the well-being of the people in the room. It is believed that when breathing, negative ions in the air transfer their charge to red blood cells in the human blood, and they – to the cells of the body.
The air filtration function works to clean the room of fine dust and germs in the air. In addition, such filters allow you to clean the air from plant pollen, which can be a potential cause of allergies and tobacco smoke. When dust enters the air conditioner, it is trapped by special filters, so they should be periodically cleaned or replaced.
The dehumidification function of air conditioners allows you to reduce the humidity on the premises, thus contributing to additional comfort. Excessive humidity causes excessive sweating and additional strain on the human body. Air drying also prevents the reproduction of harmful microorganisms, fungi, and mites, which often cause allergies. Excess moisture is taken from the air in the room and accumulated in a special tank, from which, later drained through the outdoor unit or into the sewer. And, of course, the function of air ventilation. Modern air conditioning systems also allow for taking air from the room and bringing in fresh air from the street.
Thus, whether an air conditioner becomes a helper or a source of health hazard depends only on us. Modern air conditioning systems are quite safe, but only if properly installed and used.
Thanks to htownacrepair.com for consulting.