Brussels was a nice, relaxing stop during our European backpacking trip (June 16 – August 25th). It was somewhat toward the end of our trip so we needed a few days to stop and taste, ehem…smell the chocolate.
If you are a lover of opulent architecture and have a fierce eye for detail you will love Brussels. The architecture spans from medieval to post modern, which the jewel being the gothic Grand Place.
More architecture from around the city:
I still can’t believe how many bikes are in this lot – look how far back they go!
Any of my lovely readers been to Brussels?
Thanks to wonderful future hubby for all of the fantastic photography he did during our trip!
Here’s that list again of all my posts from our travels that I’ve posted –
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia – Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia – the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains – Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss – the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy’s Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe – amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe – amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs – the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
•Lake Como, Italy
• One of my favorite cities from my European backpacking trips – Ulm, Germany
• Lake Constance
• Cute HOUSE Overload – the charming medieval homes of Germany’s Romantic Road
• Regensburg, Germany, and Salzburg, Austria