Vienna, Austria…the country’s largest city, deemed the “city of music” because of composers like Beethoven , and the “city of dreams,” for being the home of Freud. My favorite part of Vienna was it’s beautiful gardens.
The gardens of the Belevedere Museum are not to be missed.
Me enjoying the lovely weather in the gardens
We thought this advertisement for a souvenir shop was hilarious
One of the highlights for me of the entire summer was seeing the adorable and gorgeous Lipizzaner mares and their babies at the Spanish Riding School.
Inside St. Stephan’s Cathedral
A busy tourist street
The Judenplatz Holocaust Memorial, commemorates the more than 65,000 Austrian Jews killed by Nazis between 1938 and 1945. It is very poignant.
“The outside surfaces of the volume are cast library shelves turned inside out. The spines of the books are facing inwards and are not visible, therefore the titles of the volumes are unknown and the content of the books remains unrevealed. The shelves of the memorial appear to hold endless copies of the same edition, which stand for the vast number of the victims, as well as the concept of Jews as “People of the Book.” The double doors are cast with the panels inside out, and have no doorknobs or handles. They suggest the possibility of coming and going, but do not open.” -via Wikipedia
Anyone been to Vienna or hoping to go one day?
As always – thanks to my boyfriend Chris for these gorgeous photos.
Here’s that list again of all my posts from our travels that I’ve posted –
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia – Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia – the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains – Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss – the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy’s Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe – amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe – amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs – the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
•Lake Como, Italy
•Jungfrau region, Switzerland, Part 1
•Jungfrau region, Switzerland, Part 2
• One of my favorite cities from my European backpacking trips – Ulm, Germany
• Lake Constance
• Cute HOUSE Overload – the charming medieval homes of Germany’s Romantic Road
• Regensburg, Germany, and Salzburg, Austria
• A charming lakeside village, Hallstatt