After Pompeii, the next stop on my trip around Europe last summer was the Amalfi coast. If you don’t have a car, than the best way to see it is by bus. Most of the pictures are from the bus window, so forgive me if they are blurry or have a glare. As terrifying as it was to be at times on this bus whizzing around curves on the edge of the rocky cliff side, the view was staggeringly beautiful.
The bus stops in towns along the coast. The first one had a very interesting cathedral
Impressive homes and vineyards perched on the cliffs
We took a swim in this town
I spotted this gorgeous secluded beach from the bus…
Our last stop was Positano. It is touristy and a resort town, but it really was beautiful.
Here’s that list again of all my posts from our travels that I’ve posted –
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia – Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia – the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains – Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss – the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy’s Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe – amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe – amazing Pompeii
So…tonight we are leaving for Sicily, where we will be scurrying around like nuts trying to see everything the island has to offer in 7 days. I will try to post but I don’t know how much I’ll accomplish. I will definitely be back on the 21st!