Versaille is overwhelming in it’s grandeur, and the crowds can put a damper on the experience. For me, I fount the true beauty in the amazing details and amount of details, as opposed to it’s overall size and opulence.
The Battles Gallery had an absolutely beautiful ceiling, which you can see in the photo above and the two photos below.
A gorgeous cabinet painted with birds
I loved the carving of these chairs…
I think these gold floral ornaments are so beautiful…does anyone know what flower or plant they are meant to represent?
Candelabras from the Hall of Mirrors. We waited forever to get this shot because of the giant herd of people walking through!
A beautiful medallion.
A small, subsidiary building..not sure what it is, but I loved the tree outside of it.
The grounds were very expansive and beautifully kept
Has anyone here been to Versailles? What was your favorite part?
Here’s that list again of all my posts from our travels that I’ve posted –
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia – Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia – the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains – Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss – the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy’s Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe – amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe – amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs – the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
•Lake Como, Italy
• One of my favorite cities from my European backpacking trips – Ulm, Germany
• Lake Constance
• Cute HOUSE Overload – the charming medieval homes of Germany’s Romantic Road
• Regensburg, Germany, and Salzburg, Austria