1. A HammockThe sun’s beating down, there’s a calm breeze passing by, and the temperature is in the mid-70s. If ever there were a time to relax in your backyard, now would be that time. Unfortunately, the only things you have to sit back and relax in are clunky metal chairs. This is why you should invest in a hammock. A hammock will bring your backyard to a whole other level, improving both its functional and aesthetic qualities. Crack open a drink, sink into your hammock and feel the warmth of the sun against your skin. You’ll wish you had been doing this for years.
2. A Fire PitThe weekend’s here and the fall weather has reached its peak. You might as well have some friends over to enjoy it with you. To optimize the experience, there’s one item you’ll need: a fire pit. A fire pit enables you to set safe and controlled fires, allowing you and your friends to gather around, down some drinks, roast some marshmallows, and have a good time. There are all kinds of fire pits that you can set up, from cheap metal rings to brick entrenchments and more. Regardless of the type that you decide to go with, it will work wonders in livening up your backyard.
3. A Stream/Coy PondFor the most part, backyards are characterized by concrete and grass. While there’s nothing wrong with concrete and grass, they can be aesthetically boring. For this reason, it’s a good idea to install a stream or a coy pond. A small body of water such as these entities can help to break up the sprawl of grass, providing your backyard with an entirely new atmosphere. While you can buy small streams and coy ponds at select stores, you also have the option of digging them yourself. All you’ll need is a shovel . . . and maybe some stones or rocks. However, if you do go the DIY route, make sure you’re not digging into any utility lines.
4. A Porch SwingWhereas a hammock makes for a great place to lay down and relax, a porch swing makes for a great place to sit back and meditate. As such, you need to think about putting both a hammock and a porch swing in your back yard. Porch swings are terrific to sway back and forth in on a spring day or summer night. Cushiony and smooth, they allow you to take in your surroundings in complete calmness and relaxation. There are all types of porch swings available for purchase, from self-contained porch swings to ceiling-mounted porch swings and more. They’re all effective and all worth your consideration.
5. A TrampolineIt doesn’t matter whether you’re 15 or 50, launching yourself high into the air is a fun time. This is why you need to have a trampoline in your backyard. Trampolines are available in a number of different styles. The most popular type of trampoline is the self-contained trampoline. This trampoline is established on its own legs, allowing it to be moved from place to place as needed. However, there’s another option that you might prefer (and which is a little safer): the ground trampoline. This is a trampoline that sits at ground level, stretched out above a small trench to allow for full elasticity. Aesthetically pleasing and effective, it can provide your backyard with a whole new identity.
via Jesse Gardner on Unsplash