It has been WAY to long since I’ve done a post on Chris and my 2010 summer backpacking around Europe. I’m getting close to the end of our trip, but still have Belgium and France to cover. Today I’m giving you a mini-tour of the charming streets of Amsterdam, undoubtedly one of the most popular destinations in Europe. The brick row homes are really beautiful, although so many look like they are leaning against their neighbor or about to topple into the canal. The canals are packed with house boats, and the stone streets with cyclists.
Just a typical city street…
Can you imagine living in a house on such a slant? Even with the leaning they are beautiful!
Like most European cities, eating outside at a cafe is the norm.
The food in Amsterdam was also superb. Make sure to try the pancakes!
Hope you enjoyed this little tour!
Thanks to wonderful future hubby for all of the fantastic photography he did during our trip!
Here’s that list again of all my posts from our travels that I’ve posted –
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia – Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia – the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains – Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss – the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy’s Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe – amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe – amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs – the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
•Lake Como, Italy
• One of my favorite cities from my European backpacking trips – Ulm, Germany
• Lake Constance
• Cute HOUSE Overload – the charming medieval homes of Germany’s Romantic Road
• Regensburg, Germany, and Salzburg, Austria